Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My asparagus fern is growing very slow. How often can I fertilize it and with what?

* * Hello. I'm a Certified Master Gardener. * *





Keep your AF in indirect light, in an area sheltered from wind.





Water it well twice a week.





Use a good, all-purpose fertilizer such as OSMOCOTE on your fern. Follow package instructions.





Green thumbs up to you!





JUDGE'S JUNGLE

My asparagus fern is growing very slow. How often can I fertilize it and with what?
Ferns can take a few years to get established.





If plant is not in organic material and kept moist, results will be very poor.





No need to fert heavy now, too late in the season.


Use fish emulsion at 1/2 rate.





Keep at least 2 inches of mulch around plant.





Go drink a beer and relax.


No comments:

Post a Comment